What does a credit report tell me?
1) Credit report assists in establishing the identity of a Prospective Tenant by comparing their personal information to that entered on the rental application.
2) In most instances Credit Report lists current and previous addresses and current and previous employer(s).
3) Credit report will list collections, liens, bankruptcies and any legal items.
4) Credit report lists all credit accounts and pay patterns associated to them. For example, are they current or delinquent?
5) Credit report will validate the SSN/SIN. The SSN/SIN will generally pull a credit history even if the name has been misspelled, or a wrong date of birth given.